Addiction can Happen to Anyone
The opioid crisis is no laughing matter. Addiction is a real issue that needs to be addressed with loving hands.
Where do we begin to help those suffering? We have to look at the root problem. It appears most individuals are getting hooked on opioids from real medical issues.
Medications are being prescribed such as oxycodone to deal with pain, but in the process of healing people are gaining a new problem, addiction.
No one wants to be in pain but are drugs the right answer to the problem? No. Unfortunately, doctors have not taken into consideration the outcome of their actions. There are so many drug issues today that it is referred to as the opioid crisis.
Florida has taken a stand against the overprescribing and the misuse of these harmful, addictive drugs. It is not just affecting people that are being prescribed the medications but the entire society. It has a dramatic effect on family life big time. From babies being born addicted to the opioids, domestic violence issues, and tearing families apart.
In 2016 there were 4,728 drug-related deaths just in Florida. So, what can we do to help Florida put a stop to opioid miss use? Try Chiropractic Care!
With chiropractic treatment, you can get the relief you need without the harmful side effects of the opioids. There are many reports of chiropractic care helping people move past their addictions and still get the relief they need to carry on with life. One story is of a veteran who lost his ear and tip of his nose while in war. After he came home and got care for his injuries, he became addicted to his medication. Through chiropractic care, he was able to get through his addiction and have a healthy life.
This may leave you wondering how this is even possible. In the medical world, doctors want to get you treatment for your injuries and try to make it where you do not have to feel the intensity of your injuries, so they prescribe medications that numb the pain. However, judging someone’s pain tolerance is hard, so many times the pills are overprescribed or the dosing levels are just too high.
Opioid medication are also very addictive leaving patients wanting more. This can lead to them fibbing about their pain leave or refilling medication even when they don’t need them.
Society as a whole has slowly started to recognize the problem, but it will not disappear overnight. After all the medical industry is a business to getting everyone on board for the safest treatment options isn’t always the result you will get.
Chiropractic care is always a drug-free treatment option for your pain. Chiropractors’ root meaning is to manipulate by hand. It is a natural healing process that chiropractors simply oversee to ensure you are properly healing so you do not end up with worsening issues.
Article Table of Contents:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Extremity Manipulation
- Thompson Drop Chiropractic Technique
- Gonstead Chiropractic Technique
- Natural Care
Common Chiropractic Treatments that ease pain without harmful drugs are:
Chiropractors set individualized goals for each patient depending on their pain and disability issues. Also, there are parts of the treatment patients will have to do outside of their visit to help aid the recovery process. Your chiropractor might ask for you to do different stretches or exercise to strengthen your recovery outcome.
Click to learn how chiropractors diagnose injuries.
5 Common techniques chiropractors use to help ease
- Spinal Manipulation: This is where the chiropractor uses their hands to apply pressure to align the patients’ spine. By doing this, your spine is properly lined up over time is trained to rest in the correct position which eases the pain that you may be having due to a bulging disc or some sort of misalignment.
Byretraining the muscles around the spine, it will allow you to regain full movement and become much healthier without surgery or medications.
- Extremity Manipulation: This is similar to spinal manipulation, but it is just done to all of the other joints in your body. It helps with mobility and releases the stress on the body
- Thompson Drop Chiropractic Technique: This is done on a drop table that will drop as needed providing multiple thrusts that could not happen on a flat table. When the chiropractor applies pressure to a specific area then that part of the table drops. It allows for specific joints to be worked on and can be used for full spine manipulation. It is a way to make adjustments to your body where they analyze the length of the legs and the correlation to the pelvis and spine.
- Gonstead Chiropractic Technique: With different levels of pressure this technique is the most recognizable form of manipulation. It addresses misalignment and fixations in all parts of the spine.
- Activator: Spinal manipulation technique with a hand-held instrument to make the needed corrections. Analyzing the legs and how this affects the hips and the rest of the spine is part of this technique. Often used on patients who suffer from conditions like arthritis.
If you are suffering from painful injuries and do not want addictive medications to ease the pain, then try a natural treatment plan with chiropractic care.
If you are trying to kick your addictions but find your body aches too much, then maybe chiropractic care can help relieve some of your physical pain symptoms during your struggle.
Say no to the addictive, harmful opioid medications and say YES to chiropractic treatment today.
Contact Florida Spine and Injury to help you deal with these injuries that are causing you pain. Our local Florida chiropractors can help you heal without medications. Get healthy while staying clean. Addiction is nothing to mess around with so don’t take your chances with medications try safe, natural healing treatment with us.
Click below for a free consultation.
Original Article Source