Physical Therapy Available at Our Florida Clinics
At Florida Spine and Injury, we find it best to add different types of Physical Therapy Techniques along with our Chiropractic Techniques. Physical therapy exercise can add to a patient’s recovery program providing them the best of both worlds for natural health care solutions.
There are so many types of injuries that we treat so there is no one size fits all. Most people do not realize that chiropractors do more than adjust backs. We care for our patients’ overall health with the best techniques for their injuries and sometimes that goes beyond a spinal adjustment, so we add natural recovery techniques that fit the specific injuries needs.
When it comes to Personal Injuries we have to look at all aspects of the injury and determine what all is needed to get our patient back to his or her healthiest.
Sometimes that is chiropractic techniques and sometimes it is physical therapy techniques and other times it is the combination of the two that works best. We even include nutrition, relaxation and other forms of health care. Our main goal is to get you feeling better by treating the root problem.
The combination of manual therapy and some forms of exercise are shown to be very effective treatment for the spine, neck and lower back pain.
Common types of Physical Therapy Techniques we utilize and Florida Spine and Injury are:
- T.E.N.S. - Commonly called TENS but formally known as Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. This type of therapy uses light electric waves that stimulates the nerves and reduces the pain. It is a small device that can be worn for extend periods of time. There is different setting that are best for your doctor to determine which setting will help the most with your healing.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound are used for deep tissue injuries. It creates sound waves that help heat the deep tissue as well as causing micro-vibrations. This form of treatment will help increase circulation and aid with the healing process.
- Ice pack or Cold Packs: The application of cold or ice packs is meant to be applied directly to the pain area to restrict the blood flow and decrees the amount of inflammation, pain, and tissue issues.
- Hot Packs - Applying a hot compress to an area where there is a muscle spasm or tension it can help relax the muscle making it less tense and even stop it from the spasm. The heat has the opposite effect and the cold compress because heat dilates the blood vessels allowing more blood to flow. Heat is used on joint and muscle injuries, muscle spasms, and osteoarthritis.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation - EMS has electrodes that are placed in specific locations to break the muscle spasms or tension in the injured area.
We not only offer chiropractic and physical therapy treatment we also provide our patients with Interferential Therapy, Diathermy and Cold Laser Therapy. We want to give our patients the best holistic health care possible.
Get Physical Therapy Treatment at Florida Spine and Injury Today
The Florida Spine and Injury Center can help if you have an injury or daily pains. Our experienced team of Chiropractic and Medical Doctors use many treatment methods to give our patient the best overall health treatment plans they could possible need.
If you are looking for a drug-free approach to feeling better and treating the main source of your pain than contact our Injury doctors for a free consultation today!