Florida Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal Decompression Therapy is a non-surgical procedure that involves the gentle distraction of the spinal joints in the neck or low back using a computerized traction device.
At Florida Spine and Injury Centers, the patients that respond best to this type of treatment typically suffer from sciatica, degenrative disc disease, disc bulges, disc herniations, and chronic neck and/or back pain.
The treatment is safe and typically quite comfortable. A course of spinal decompression therapy includes approximately 20 treatment sessions over the course of 4-6 weeks.
How Does Spinal Decompression Therapy Work?
Spinal decompression therapy is the method of using negative intradiscal pressure to pull extruded disc material back into the nucleus of the disc.
A motor-driven traction device is strapped to the neck or back, and a vacuum effect known as spinal imbibition stretches vertebrae so that shifted or displaced material can return to its natural position, thereby releasing neural decompression and rehydrating the disc material.¹
This method is performed under the direct supervision of a physician with experience in back pain care. During a decompression session, the machine is programmed to pull and open the table (creating stretch and decompression) for 45 - 60 seconds. Then the computer is programmed to release 20%-50% depending on the patient’s situation.
Decompression treatment sessions are brief, lasting approximately 30 minutes.
The decompression machines are programmed specifically based on the patients symptoms and diagnostic results, this dicates how much of a pull and at what angle to pull, depending on the vertebrae(s) of focus.
With precise positioning, degree of angle, and intensity of the gentle force or pull, it will separate the table creating a light decompression of the spine.
During the treatment, Spinal Decompression traction may pull the vertebrae enclosing an injured disc several millimeters with the goal of reducing the patient's low back or neck pain with minimal pain incurred.
Spinal Decompression may be used in conjunction with Physical Therapy to boost your recovery time. Click here to learn more.
What Spinal Decompression Therapy Does:
- Decreases pressure on the vertebral joints
- Supports the retraction of herniated and bulged discs
- Promotes self-healing and recovery of damaged discs
- Eliminates low back and neck pain.
Why should you consider Spinal Decompression Therapy?
- Clinically verified. Thousands of patients have been treated successfully using this treatment method.
- 100% non-invasive. Spinal surgeries carry risks that involve debilitating conditions and potentially permanent disability. Spinal Decompression Therapy is painless and requires no recovery time.
- Convenient. Treatment sessions last up to 30 minutes, and because the procedure is non-invasive, most Spinal Decompression Therapy patients can resume their normal daily activities without an issue. Additionally, patients can expect only minimal absence from work.
- Cost-effective. The cost of therapy is insignificant compared to the mental, physical and financial cost of surgery.
Call Florida Spine and Injury now to schedule a Free Consultation to see if Spinal Decompression can treat your chronic back pain or neck pain, herniated discs or sciatica.